To be added to our mailing list please email Kate Spiller, Project Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
AHRC Festival 2015
Connected Communities Exchange – June 25th 2015
Celebrating, Consolidating and Expanding Community Research Across the Swansea Valley
We have been awarded a grant from the AHRC to put on an event to celebrate, consolidate and expand community research across the Swansea Valley. We are proposing to run this on 25th June 2015 at the Swansea Museum Collections Centre.
This event creates an opportunity to ask how you, existing and aspiring community groups, historians and researchers, wish to engage with industrial heritage in and around the Swansea Valley in the future.
The event will, celebrate existing research, strengthen networks, and set an agenda for future community historical research in the Lower Swansea Valley. This will inform future funding bids and specifically a forthcoming application to the Heritage Lottery Fund for a living history laboratory at the Hafod-MorfaCopperworks. It will address the following questions.
• How would you like to celebrate, consolidate and expand the portfolio of community research completed to date?
• How can the development of a living history laboratory facility at HMCW facilitate further community history research in the Swansea Valley?
• How can community based research contribute to the heritage led development of the HMCW?
• How can digital and cultural innovations expand the reach and impact of community heritage projects and research?
A major part of the day will be workshops to explore how research and community projects might develop around key themes such as the following, which we have extrapolated from existing community research interests.
• Movement of goods and people
• Human Impact, disability and human disaster
• Conservation and preservation of the physical and natural landscape
• Community, social change, faith and identity
• Identity, achievement and aspiration
Please download an agenda for the day and the registration form here: https://app.box.com/s/yf76ibvsy9gfy0p34vh0r9kcl9ajh291
Please return the registration form to this address by 5 pm Monday June 15th 2015.
We hope you’ll be able to join us.